Installing plugin reports error - "Invalid subtype directory"

Installing plugin reports error - "Invalid subtype directory"

by Kehinde Adeoya -
Number of replies: 4

I am trying to install VMoodle plugin by following this tutorial http://docs.activeprolearn.com/en/doku.php?id=local:vmoodle:install, after adding local_vmoodle the webpage displays a blank white page. I dug further by checking the Apache error log and I'm getting the error below.

Invalid subtype directory 'local/vmoodle/plugins' detected in 'C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\mysite/local/local_vmoodle'.

What am I to do, please? Thanks. God bless.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kehinde Adeoya

Re: Installing plugin reports error - "Invalid subtype directory"

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

So.... are you now trying to install VMoodle using Moodle 3.1?

I also *hope* you have Debugging turned up to Developer level.

Just looking at the readme for local_vmoodle, what does *this* mean?

"To get VMoodle upgrade properly internal plugins, a "Block Subplugin Capability" Patch needs to be added to core code"

Just looking at the very sketchy documentation along with some stuff that infers patches to core code might be needed (but no trace in the documentation) and references to very specific versions of Moodle - I would have no expectation whatsoever of getting this to work.

It's probably very clever but I think you might need to be the person who wrote it to have a chance. It doesn't look like "end user" stuff.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Kehinde Adeoya -
Thank you, Howard. 

I finally got it installed. The challenge I have now is configuring it as documented. This seems to be a programming problem not really about the plugin. On the VMoodle vconfig file I kept getting the error below. Please, what should I do?

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$dirroot in C:\xampp\htdocs\oltega\local\vmoodle\vconfig.php on line 48

Warning: require_once(/local/vmoodle/bootlib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\oltega\local\vmoodle\vconfig.php on line 48

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/local/vmoodle/bootlib.php' (include_path='C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\oltega\local\vmoodle\vconfig.php on line 48

This is the code on vconfig.php file

if ((defined('CLI_SCRIPT') && CLI_SCRIPT) && !defined('WEB_CRON_EMULATED_CLI') && !defined('CLI_VMOODLE_OVERRIDE')) {

return;

}

unset($CFG);

global $CFG;

$CFG = new stdClass();

require_once($CFG->dirroot.'/local/vmoodle/bootlib.php');

//require_once('C:\xampp\htdocs\project\local\vmoodle\bootlib.php');

// EDIT A CONFIGURATION FOR MASTER MOODLE.

$CFG->vmasterdbhost = 'localhost';

$CFG->vmasterdbtype = 'mariadb';

$CFG->vmasterdbname = 'moodledatabase';

$CFG->vmasterdblogin = 'root';

$CFG->vmasterdbpass = '';

$CFG->vmasterdbpersist =  false;

$CFG->vmasterprefix    = 'jesu_';

$CFG->vmoodlenodefault    = 0; // If set, will block the use of the master install vmoodle.

$CFG->vlogfilepattern  = '/var/log/%%VHOSTNAME%%.log';

In reply to Kehinde Adeoya

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

My suspicion is that you are the *only* person running this. Unless you have the ability to debug code issues I think you'll be struggling. 

However, try adding a $CFG entry in config.php for dirroot. It's calculated automatically, but it didn't used to be. It's the path to your Moodle installation.

In my case it would be something like

$CFG->dirroot = '/var/www/html/moodle';

Put it just after $CFG->wwwroot or thereabouts. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Kehinde Adeoya -

Howard,

Thanks. You are always on point. Kudos.