Not current Status Enrolled Users

Not current Status Enrolled Users

by Pablo Díaz -
Number of replies: 11

Moodle 3.4

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with some students in a course. They are enrolled in the course but it does not appear to them on their Dashboard.

I have seen in the list of enrolled users that in the column "Status", the ones who do not have acces appear as "Not current". What does that mean?

How can I change the status to "Active"? I tried changing to "Suspended" and then changing it back to "Active" but it does not work for me.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pablo Díaz

Re: Not current Status Enrolled Users

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Yeah, I too have run into this issue, and not sure of the cause, but it is only happening in this one Moodle, haven't seen it any other Moodle I am connecting with. The only thing I can put it down to in my case has been that the number of courses that can be placed into the Dashboard on that Moodle is connected to the theme. The theme where this is happening is a privately developed theme based on Boost. This also translates to the NavDrawer as well, so to find this one course has become a pain as every time I want this course, I to do a search. (It comes up easy enough, though.) I have argued the theme itself is rubbish, and the way they have no convention for just about anything in their Moodle is severely irritating, I am only making myself unpopular so no-one is going to do anything about it.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Colin Fraser

by Pablo Díaz -

Hi  Collin

Did it appear "not current" in the participants who could not see the course in their dashboard?

not current

In reply to Pablo Díaz

by Pablo Díaz -

The only way I can get the "Active" again is by unenrolling them and enroling the back in the course. I'm afraid some will lose the progress made up to now. 

In reply to Pablo Díaz

by kedar deshmukh -

One way to change the status of the user from Not current to Active.

Actually  Not current means the date is outside of the enrolment start / end dates.

So for your issue solution, you can change start/end dates of  the enrolment.

Check Once .

Best Luck

In reply to Pablo Díaz

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This can also apply because the enrolment plugin instance for that/those users has been disabled. The info button, unfortunately, gives you no clue of this. 

I think this could be improved - MDL-64249

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Malcolm Hay -
We had the same problem. It turned out to be that the enrolment method for those students had been disabled.

One click on the eye to enable the method an lo and behold, active students. Thanks for this tip. Had to read the thread twice to understand exactly what you had meant but it worked.

In reply to Malcolm Hay

by Walter Resendes -

Hello Everyone. I had the same problem and noticed that all the students that had been manually enrolled were shown as "Not Current". Malcolm Hay replied that is was probably due to the enrollment method being disabled. That is exactly what happened. The manual enrollment option had been disabled, so all the students, and teacher, who had been manually enrolled as apposed to a cohort enrollment were marked as "Not Current". The solution was to click on the settings wheel in the top right hand corner and select "Enrolment methods" then click the crossed out eye to allow manual enrollment. All fixed. 

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Walter Resendes

by Marie Waterhouse -
Thank you for the solution. How do we get this issue added to bug fixes please?
In reply to Marie Waterhouse

by Velson Horie -
Thank you for the solution.
The route I followed was Administration> Course administration> Users > Enrolment methods > Manual enrolments> crossed eye
Then refreshed the list of users page.

I have added an Improvement suggestion at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-69596. Please look and edit that as you wish.
In reply to Velson Horie

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Glad you solved it. However, I dont believe the default for manual enrolments has changed - if you go to Site administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Manual Enrolments, the default for new courses is Yes, so presumably your admin either changed that for your site or else someone disabled manual enrolment in that particular course. I do see what you mean about the confusion when you upload users to a course with manual enroment disabled though!