"Add restriction" a bit limited

"Add restriction" a bit limited

by Doug Funnie -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

Is there any way to add additional restrictions? The defaults are by Date, Grade, User profile, and Restriction set. How would I add a custom restriction, or is there a plugin that does something like this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Doug Funnie

Re: "Add restriction" a bit limited

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What restriction are you wanting? You can restrict by activity completion, so they cannot access one activity unless they have completed a previous activity. 

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Doug Funnie -

Hello Mary,

We're trying to create a new system. Basically, I'm going to have to create some sort of coin system (probably a block). Students will be able to purchase coins with real money. The coins will then get stored in a wallet. I want to be able to restrict student access to certain activities based on whether or not they have coins in their wallet.

In reply to Doug Funnie

by David Morrow -

Doug,

The Stash collection of plugins may help (https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=376331).

• The Stash block lets students collect items you hide in the course.
  • Stash Availability lets you make activities and resources available depending on what a student has in his stash.
  • Stash Snippets makes the block easier to use by allowing short codes for the stash objects. 

I have only played with these a little, and not at all since our recent update to 3.5. I see the Snippets plugin hasn't been updated past 3.4, but the others have.

Combine these with the existing restrictions and you may get close to what you want.

David