Some basic problems enrolling new users?

Some basic problems enrolling new users?

by Alex Danzberger -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I'm a new administrator using MoodleCloud.  I was all happy, having set up my course and sent out system generated emails with usernames and passwords.  Then, I got word back that many people didn't receive them and of the ones that did, for most the user names and passwords didn't work.  I have no idea to how to verity delivery or open on the platform and so am left to simply doing it again and hoping for the best.

Anybody else have similar problems and found a) how to check delivery and b) ensure login credentials work?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Danzberger

Re: Some basic problems enrolling new users?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I'll move your question to the General help forum as it's not directly related to MoodleCloud sites. Sometimes unfortunately  people's email program directs Moodle emails into spam for no justifiable reason, so it is possible some of these went into spam. I am not sure why the ones they did receive didn't work- I know personally if I set up accounts and they didn't work it means either I wrote a username or password wrong or they type in a username or password wrong. Another thing you can do is as the administrator, go to Site administration>Users>Accounts>Browse list of users. There you might see a blue link "confirm" against some accounts. If you click the "confirm" link then the accounts will be confirmed manually by you and people should be able to log in (assuming their usernames and passwords are correctly entered.)

In reply to Alex Danzberger

Re: Some basic problems enrolling new users?

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Alex,

If the problem persist, please login to the moodlecloud.com portal and use the "support" tab to ask for help. This will provide us with your site name and make it easier to assist you.

Please note that MoodleCloud will disable email for user accounts that bounce. Users can re-enable email functions by updating their email address in their account. I cannot confirm that's what happening on your site, but it's something worth checking.

Mathieu