Possible to Manually Reset a Course for One User?

Possible to Manually Reset a Course for One User?

by MAG II -
Number of replies: 5

Hello - 

I am in an odd situation in my Moodle instance. I have a course that is being handled as a certification course. Students enrolled in this course will complete it and receive their certifications at different times. Because of this, I was wondering if there was some kind of way that, upon completion of the course, I could manually reset a user's progress while still maintaining their previous data. 

Does anyone have any idea if there is any kind of workaround or solution for this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to MAG II

Re: Possible to Manually Reset a Course for One User?

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Not odd at all ... corp moodle sites have same need for ongoing ... never ending ... courses ... that require re-cert/refresher after a period of time.   IMHO, should be part of core.

Possible: depending upon your version of Moodle and if the plugin linked below will work for ya:

https://moodle.org/plugins/block_resetcompletion

IF your version of Moodle is higher than what the block says it will do, don't be tempted to install it anyway. smile

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Ken Task

by MAG II -

Hi Ken - 

Thanks for the response. You hit the nail on the head when mentioning corp moodle sites. That's exactly what I am trying to implement smile

I looked into the plugin that you suggested and it seems to only go up to Moodle version 3.2. Unfortunately I am running Moodle 3.5. I'm assuming this wouldn't work on 3.5.

I am new to Moodle, but any idea if plugins such as these get updated to the latest versions of Moodle in a timely manner? From what I can tell this plugin hasn't been worked on since 2016.

In reply to MAG II

by Ken Task -

If you try, you should  try on a sandbox ... not production.

Plugins that are third party are programmed by individuals - they might not make a living devel. plugins but do so on their 'free time'.

See the git hub page for the plugin and contact developers ... you can ask! smile

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to MAG II

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

have you seen the recompletion plugin?

https://moodle.org/plugins/local_recompletion

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ken Task -
Thanks, Dan.  Missed it.   When will it become part of core? smile
'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (3)