missing files mysql.sql

missing files mysql.sql

by Dan Tsuji -
Number of replies: 3

I'm trying to install the .zip version, and install goes fine until the activity modules, then it says it can't find //moodle/blocks/acitivity_modules/db/mysql.sql

I downloaded the zip version again, and it's still not there.

I tried downloading the .tar version, and that file is there, but then I can't run install at all, i get this error:

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './lib/moodlelib.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/virtualg/moodle.dan2g.com/moodle/install.php on line 76

I'm on a linux webhosting service. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Tsuji

Re: missing files mysql.sql

by Jonathan Moore -
Hi Dan a couple of things to try

1) Have you made a blank moodle database yet on your mysql server?

2) Have you assigned write permissions to the moodle folder for the user running apache?

Finally I think you need to setup some minimal file locations in your config.php file so that they match up with the location you instead moodle into and your public url for moodle.

Hope this helps.
In reply to Jonathan Moore

by Dan Tsuji -

thanks for the quick reply!

I did have a blank database, and I think I had the correct write permissions, because there were other files in the directory I was talking about.

I did manage to get it working, but my fix was a little hokey, and I expect some problems might arise from it:

I copied the missing files from my .tar installation, then I downloaded, and installed completely clean, from scratch, my moodle and database.

Then i uploaded the missing file, mysql.sql, into the places it was missing, I think there were about 6 places, all in the moodle/blocks... directory.

There were about 6 directories that didn't have the file in their subdirectory /db. I hope it all works out!

thanks again

In reply to Dan Tsuji

by Jonathan Moore -
I can't say I know what these files do, but all look through my block directory and all the mysql.sql files I looked at were blank, so you may be in the clear. In fact you may have a uncompress option set such that it doesn't make 0 sized files, which may have caused the original problem.