Echo360 Integration?

Echo360 Integration?

by Alex Dudek -
Number of replies: 2

Hi folks,

I was curious if anyone could tell me if their university or school had encountered a problem with Echo360 integration in Moodle. Previously at the university we had a plugin for Echo360 that would load recordings from the system into a course, automatically providing access to the material. 

My university upgraded from 2.7 to 2.9 recently, shortly after which the Echo360 plugin failed to work any longer. We were informed that "our lecture recording vendor Echo 360 has issued major security updates which in effect has made the Echo 360 BLOCK feature redundant". Of course, I read this as "it's broken and rather than fix it we've removed it."

I questioned this quite strongly with no real resolution. How exactly does a vendor make such a dramatic security update as to effectively make an entire plugin redundant? It seems illogical to me. Many institutions use Echo360 so I could only assume that others would have experienced this, but I tried looking for even a basic explanation online, or at least another case of another institution having a problem with this, and I cannot find anything.

Does anyone have any insight to offer?

Average of ratings: -