SAP Integration

SAP Integration

by Zeid Fanous -
Number of replies: 9

Hi all, 

A potential client is currently using SAP as an ERP system and were wondering if it would be possible to integrate it with moodle. the purpose of this integration is to reflect user training completion on the ERP.

Your advice much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zeid Fanous

Re: SAP Integration

by Olumuyiwa Taiwo -
Picture of Plugin developers

If SAP has a Web Services API (very likely) and if there are web services functions for recording course completions, then you could develop a custom Moodle plugin that acts as a Web Services client to SAP.

In reply to Olumuyiwa Taiwo

by Zeid Fanous -

Thanks Olumuyiwa,

Yes i will definitely check it out as a web service. Thanks smile 

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Daniela Casiraghi -

Dear Zeid,

I have the same problem. Did you succeeded  in integrating MOODLE and SAP?

Thanks in advance!

In reply to Daniela Casiraghi

by Zeid Fanous -

Hi Daniela,

Our project hasn’t started yet but I did ask a couple of developers about this. Thy say that it can be done as an external web device provided that sap allows to connect from their side... that’s what I understood. I hope it can be done☺️

The client wants to send completion data to sap.

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Sara González -

Good morning!

Any new news on this subject?

I'm very interested in a possible solution

Thanks!

In reply to Sara González

by Eder Esteban Ceballos Aguirre -

Good morning, this solution can be reached using ETL and Integrations tools, im currently working for SAP B1 integration and ETL software for 10 years. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Simon Ives -

Certainly possible. Execution depends on what SAP product you are wanting to integrate with.

SAP support their own integration solution out-of-the-box that's really good, however it's success depends what SAP product/s you're looking to integrate with Moodle and what you expose on the Moodle side to integrate with.

There are some solid middleware options too such as Dell Boomi that can really assist in this space.

And you can, of course, just use web services and create your own solution, however you'll need to maintain that on your own as well.

In reply to Zeid Fanous

by Shail Verma -

When it comes to integration SAP with third party applications like Moodle, the most important aspect is start with is the SAP version in question. This is so because SAP comes in various flavors, each having its own technology stack and integration capabilities. 

For example S4 has completely different architecture as compared to SAP Business One. SAP Business by Design is a SaaS based offering and has its own unique API structure.

If you are looking for some information on the above, you can refer to the SAP integration guide our here. This outlines the integration protocols as well as best practices that you need to keep in mind. 

Hope this helps.