Reporting capabilities of Moodle (3.1.13)

Reporting capabilities of Moodle (3.1.13)

by Jan Montano -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm very new to Moodle and have been playing around with the reports.

I've just installed Moodle 3.1.13 on a Windows Server and wondering what kind of course/quiz data is stored in Moodle.
I'm using 3.1.13 because of client requirements.

1. Is it possible to get a history of quiz attempts per user?
2. Does moodle keep a history of question attempts, and if the result is correct or wrong?

I need these data so we can do some sort of assessment per user, and the course itself.

If many students for example keep on failing a specific question, then maybe there's something wrong with the question and we need to improve it. If a student keeps on failing questions that belong to a specific category, then maybe we need to recommend some sort of reading or review for that category. This is what we're trying to do to begin with.

I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction, if this is possible and where should I start.

I actually am looking at the database to figure out what kind of data is stored.
I looked at mdl_quiz_attemps and I was hoping history of attempts per user per quiz will be stored there but I realised that's not the case.
I reattempted a quiz several times but there was still only 1 record in that table, so probably that's not where I should look.

I need to get the history of attempts per quiz per user and the history of question attempts per user and whether it was right or wrong.

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Jan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan Montano

Re: Reporting capabilities of Moodle (3.1.13)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. I am just moving your question to the Quiz forum. There are many very detailed quiz reports that you can access from within Moodle from within the quiz itself. As a starting point please see the documentation Quiz reports

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Reporting capabilities of Moodle (3.1.13)

by Jan Montano -

Hi Mary,

That response was quick.

Thank you for moving it to the correct forum. Now I have an idea on where to put my posts next time.

I'm looking at the link you sent now. From a quick glance, it looks like Moodle keeps a history of the quiz attempts/history and question results history, I hope I'm right. Will try to play around with it more.

Thanks again. Cheers.