Forum notifications to mobile

Forum notifications to mobile

by Jay Jay -
Number of replies: 3

Hi There

I have set up a moodle account with very little knowledge.

I am having difficulties setting up some of the features, specifically, allowing notifications to mobile phones. There is no alert to my android phone when someone posts to the forum.

I have spent a week reading all of the articles and forums and am really stuck on this. I got as far as being able to view the airnotifier key but now I'm stuck. Tokens and the rest are a foreign language to me and I would really appreciate some help in 'baby language'. I was hoping my students could use this facility in place of whatsapp as there are more security restrictions but if I cannot faciliate the option for mobile notifications, and if this is too complicated for myself and my students I can't see it working.

Any baby language support would be greatly appreciated

sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Jay

Re: Forum notifications to mobile

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jay,

If you can see the airnotifier access key you're nearly there, so don't give up! smile Here's a list of other things to check:

1. Go to 'Mobile settings' in the Site administration and make sure that 'Enable web services for mobile devices' is ticked.
  2. Make sure that mobile notifications for forum posts is enabled for your app on your android phone. You can do this EITHER via your app (as shown in the screenshot below) OR by logging in to your Moodle site on your computer. Please see Mobile app notifications for further details.

Please let us know how you get on, especially if anything needs explaining further.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Forum notifications to mobile

by Jay Jay -

Hi Helen

Thank you so much for your help on this. I hadn't scrolled down on my mobile phone to enable the various notifications shown on your screen shot. When this actually worked I was so pleased I nearly fell off my chair!

big grin

In reply to Jay Jay

Re: Forum notifications to mobile [Solved]

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jay,

It's good to hear you've got things working. Thanks for letting us know. smile Your post prompted me to add screenshots to Mobile app notifications so hopefully it will help others too!