Blank Pages

Blank Pages

by Yasser Farid -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, need help please, I'm using Testing Moodle environment on a local host for testing plugins, themes & all other testing purposes.

It is Moodle 3.5.1 over Bitnami Stack using Apache, PHP V 7.0.30, MySql V 5.7.22, hosted on a local MS Win 10 machine.

Yesterday I was installing some plugins, then now I always get Blank Page (as shown in the attach below) when trying to go to any page within my Moodle including login page & Homepage,

I searched over the community and tried deleting cache & localcache folders from moodledata folder, & also tried to delete the last installed theme & plugins folders that I doubt cause the problem, but no success, any suggestions please, thanks.

Attachment Moodle Test SSH1.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yasser Farid

Re: Blank Pages

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Firstly, we I don't know anything about Bitnami stack and how it installs Moodle. I would strongly NOT recommend using these sort of installers for that reason. We don't know what they do. 

The plan for blank pages is to enable Debugging. You will need to copy the lines from section 7 of config-dist.php to your config.php. If you're lucky, some error messages will now appear. Failing that, look in your web server's error log.

In reply to Yasser Farid

Re: Blank Pages

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Yasser,

What method did you use to install the plugins?

If you manually installed the plugin by placing the files in the right folder location, just go back and delete them, then try reloading the Moodle web page again. Moodle should complain about the files being missing, but will let you get to the Site administration > Plugins > Plugins overview page where you can scroll until you see the plugin listing and Uninstall it. That should get you back up and working.

If you used some other method to install, you are still going to need to go and manually delete the plugin files. I have a Bitnami XAMP and the plugin modules files for it are at:

c:\xamp\apps\moodle\htdocs\mod\

HTH

AL