Upgrade from 3.3.4 to 3.5.1 - Admin settings not saving

Re: Upgrade from 3.3.4 to 3.5.1 - Admin settings not saving

by Patrick Plumridge -
Number of replies: 2
It seems the source of this issue was a line of code in 'admin/settings.php' that was changed between 3.5.0 and 3.5.1

3.5.1 < > 3.5.0
line 41

< if ($data = data_submitted() and confirm_sesskey() and isset($data->action) and $data->action == 'save-settings') {
---
> if ($data = data_submitted() and confirm_sesskey()) {

This is the only change in the file.

For some reason, in our environment, the attribute '$data->action' is never set to 'save-settings', and I believe is always null. This will silently skip the block of code responsible for validating and saving admin settings if they've been changed. If anyone has any ideas why our environment in particular would never correctly set this attribute, I would be interested to know.
In reply to Patrick Plumridge

by Jeff O'Fallon -

What theme are you currently using with your site? I had the same issue with the "Save changes" button and it ended up being a bug with Edwiser RemUI. The problem is resolved in version 3.5.2 of the theme.

In reply to Jeff O'Fallon

by Sarang Nair -
The issue was a small coding error and has been fixed after we released a hotfix for Edwiser RemUI theme.

@ Patrick, Are you still facing the issue? Also, are you using Edwiser RemUI theme?