Cannot make a redundant server work

Cannot make a redundant server work

by Paul Hawse -
Number of replies: 0

I am running 2 identical power edge 420 servers with moodle 3.3. in the second server i have a capture of the original in a hyper-v VM and simply changed the host name and IP address. I am using ubuntu server 16.4 and phpmyadmin is the database i used. I inherited the stand alone machine from my predecessor and fired up the hyper-v as a redundant box after the fact when i got here. I am following instructions from a few different sources on the web to use phpmyadmin to set the original machine as the master and the one i built as the slave node. I set the bind by IP address. the idea is to make the slave node a failover in the cluster in case of a catastrophic failure. I have to date been unsuccessful and the database is terrabytes so parking it and copying all the database over night isnt doable in a 24-7 platform.

I need assistance from somebody who knows this clustering stuff alot better than i do.

The online guides for setting this up i tried are by lewis carr and another by kedar apte.

Average of ratings: -