"My certificates" section not showing in miscellaneous.

"My certificates" section not showing in miscellaneous.

by nick wilson -
Number of replies: 8

I have the custom certificate module installed and the "my_certificates.php" file is in the certificate directory but when I go to my user profile (I am admin), I don't see "my certificates" as an option to view. I've logged in as a user but it still doesn't show. Is there some way to edit the "miscellaneous" section in the profile to in include the "my certificates" page? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to nick wilson

Re: "My certificates" section not showing in miscellaneous.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Did you complete the course activity that awards the certificate? My Certificates link in the Miscellaneous block is only displayed for students that complete the activity.

In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by nick wilson -

I did, but shouldn't it still show up as admin? I am the administrator on the site so It should still show. It shows on the adaptable theme even though I have not completed any courses. But when I switch to the clean sub theme it doesn't show. 

In reply to nick wilson

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is no logic in the code preventing this link from displaying for any user. This sounds like a possible theme issue.

In reply to Mark Nelson

by nick wilson -

That's what I'm thinking too. I'm wondering if there is a work around for this. Maybe a block that shows all course certificates to download? Do you know of any? 

In reply to nick wilson

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a block for the old module, but not the new one as it isn't required because of the 'My certificate' link in the profile page. Unfortunately, this doesn't appear for you. I would address the root cause and have someone look at the theme, if you have someone with those skills.

In reply to Mark Nelson

by nick wilson -

I'm the developer so I can check the theme and compare it against the one we created the sub theme from. I just wanted to know if there was a simple solution or a block I could use. I wonder if I could put the my_certificate.php file inside an html block. But it might have some dependencies. 

In reply to nick wilson

by Mark Nelson -

Hm, the report would look kind of big on a block. Feel free to copy the code and create a block if you wish. However, I would debug and check if the function mod_customcert_myprofile_navigation in mod/customcert/lib.php is being called when a user views their profile page. If it isn't, why? If it is, why isn't it rendering?

In reply to Mark Nelson

by nick wilson -

Thanks for the info. I'll let you know how it goes when I get around to looking at it again.