Shown Quiz but Hidden in Gradebook

Shown Quiz but Hidden in Gradebook

by Alex N -
Number of replies: 3

I am trying to mark a 10 question quiz as a pass on attempt. Meaning that the student will get full credit for the quiz on attempt regardless of their score. But I also want them to know which questions they got right and wrong.

My workaround is to uncheck the "Mark" option under the quiz Review tab under "Later, while the quiz is still open". This shows the quiz and the students are allowed to review their quiz attempt but hides the quiz from the gradebook.

Then I created a grade item for each quiz and edited it's calculation as "=Quiz1/10", "=Quiz2/10", etc.

Then I edited the grade category grade calculation to "=((Sum(ceil(Quiz1), ceil(Quiz2)))/2)*100

This gives me the desired result when I look at the grade book as admin, with the quizzes being graded as either a 1 (for any quiz attempted) or a 0 (for any quiz not attempted) on the grade book but I can still go into each individual quiz and check my attempt.

The problem is when I switch to "student" role, the whole category in the grade book is blank.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex N

Re: Shown Quiz but Hidden in Gradebook

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Probably because the quiz does not have an end date and so is still open and you selected to not show them marks while open...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Shown Quiz but Hidden in Gradebook

by Alex N -

You are right. That was the issue. I checked the Marks option under "Later, while the quiz is still open" and now it displays correctly even in student mode. I ended up deleting the grade items and perform every calculation in the category total calculations.

I have a new problem now though in that the course total is blank in student role. Could this be due to the category total being custom calculated?