problem after upgrade 3.5 to 3.5.1

problem after upgrade 3.5 to 3.5.1

by Osman Muhammad -
Number of replies: 4

“After I’m upgrade Upgrading Moodle database from version 3.5 (Build: 20180517) (2018051700.00) to 3.5.1 (Build: 20180709) (2018051701.00)”

this problem come to my moodle site..

“You don't have permission to access /v1/admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

Please help please help me. I have google but I do not see and many things I need to do in my site

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Osman Muhammad

Re: problem after upgrade 3.5 to 3.5.1

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Check ownerships/permissions on all the code directories in moodle.   If you updated via the old ftp method or used git as root, ownerships of files/folders could have been changed.  IF, for example, one uses git to do the upgrade as the root user, new files/folders/changed get tagged as belonging to root user ... not the user under which you web service runs.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Osman Muhammad -

I'm sorry I'm still running away from the explanation. I update using softacolous applications that are on cpanel.

can not be the master of the steps to be taken or an example I can do.

sorry I'm a new person in this moodle LMS. thank you for helping

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I would suggest contacting your hosting company. They provide the upgrade script - it is nothing to do with us here. We don't know what it did.

I don't recommend using these install/upgrade scripts for this reason. It makes it very hard to help you.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

+20 to what Howard has suggested to you.

Contact provider.

'spirit of sharing', Ken