multiple choices

multiple choices

by robert maran -
Number of replies: 14
Is it possible to allow users to check more than one choice? Currently it seems that a user can only select one choice.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to robert maran

Re: multiple choices

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Yes, it is an option in the editing screen for creating a multiple choice question (between the editor box and the possible answers

In reply to koen roggemans

by robert maran -
Sorry, but I can't seem to find the option button in the editing screen for creating multiple choice questions. Could you show me a sreenshot of what you mean? thanks
In reply to robert maran

by Ger Tielemans -
  • In the module choice you only create one choicelist with a maximum of 10.
  • In the module quiz you can offer more then one choicelist..
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Martin Cothran -
This does not seem to address the same issue. The issue is not the choicelist, the issue is how do you allow a participant to choose more than one of the alternatives.  I am having the same problem.  It only allows a student to select one of the options, but no more.  I do not see anything on the editing screen to allow multiple selections.
In reply to Martin Cothran

by Wayne Schuller -
ping!

This thread is a year old.

Is there any way to get multiple selections in the choice module?

The other modules seem to complicated to me...
In reply to Wayne Schuller

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

not at this stage sorry!

It is still listed as a feature request in the tracker, and I might get to it one day..... There were a few people in the forum who wanted to do some work towards this which I was going to review, but it never eventuated...

thanks,

smile

Dan

In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Michael Petro -
But in the module quiz, you must make the choice worth something, and you cannot limit the number of choices. It's either one or multiple.

I would like my students to be able to select say 3 of 10 choices. Actually, we're going to need say 3 of 33 choices for an upcoming election. Any way to do this? (We'd like to make sure they don't vote for more than 3).

I have it figured out sort of in Multiple choice, by giving partial credit for each "answer" and then making sure the grade is not above a certain percentage. However I have 11 candidates in one race. It is impossible to give each of them an equal share of partial credit.

Can you turn off the "Choose at least one." directive?

Suggestions please?
In reply to Michael Petro

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi There,

This forum is for questions/support regarding the Choice Module in Moodle - you seem to be talking about the "multiple choice" questions available in the quiz module - please post your question in the Quiz Forum on this site.

thanks!

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Michael Petro -
I was replying to the idea of using a Multiple Choice question on a quiz instead of the Choice module from Mr. Tielemans. I will also repost in the Quiz forum. Thank you.

I am still looking for multiple response capability in the Choice Module and limiting the number of those multiple responses.
In reply to Michael Petro

by Dan Marsden -

multiple response capability in the choice module is MDL-3034 - It's something I'd like to implement one day, but with so many other things to do it might have to wait a while!

If it is really important to you and you were willing to pay to get it implemented you could contact a Moodle Partner or Moodle.com and submit a bid request to get an idea of how much it might cost.

smile

Dan

Disclosure: (as of monday next week, I work for a Moodle Partner) smile

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Rob Monk -

This is a required feature of the choice module.

Example: Our school is trying to decide on its 3 core values. We had a list of 12 that we want students to choose from. Unfortunately the Choice module only allows them to choose 1, not 3.

How does the Moodle community, not a Moodle Partner, that I have to pay lots of money to; money that we don't have; get to request a new feature like the one outlined above.

Where can Moodlers put their wish list of new features?

In reply to Rob Monk

by Robert Brenstein -
Have you looked at other modules? Choice is not the only module for collecting responses and there are a few which allow multiple answers. Since this feature request is already in BugTracker, vote for it. With open source, you can either develop new features yourself, pay someone to do it, or wait until somebody else does it or pays someone to do it. If the feature gets enough votes, the core developers may act on it as well.
In reply to Rob Monk

by Dan Marsden -
Robert gives some great feedback here! - The Moodle Tracker is the place to request new features - Multi choice as listed in MDL-3034 is something I'd like to implement at some stage, however I have many other things to occupy my free-time, and am unlikely to get any time to spend on this anytime soon!

As always, I'm happy to review any patches for inclusion in Moodle Core if anyone else takes on this task!

The Feedback module is now included in Moodle 2.0, it is available for Moodle 1.8 in the Modules and plugins database - I'd suggest looking there.

good luck!

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Juan Marín -
I have voted today for this feature.

I know that you can use Quiz module for multiresponse. But I need that students could see the choices made for the other students (that is, the students can view the summary of results). I think this is a unique feature for "choice module".

I'm not sure if feedback module do that. I proved previous versions (1.6) but in that case fedback workes like Quiz (Students could see their responses but not the statistics of responses of others: something like item analysis).