Badges criteria linked to course and activities grades ranges

Badges criteria linked to course and activities grades ranges

by stefania quattrocchi -
Number of replies: 1

Hi All,

since I'm quite new in using Moodle assessment system (that is really reach but at the same time not easy to understand for me) , after a while spent to read documentation I decided to write here what I would like to do, hoping yo can give me some advice.

Inside my course there are quite a lot of quizzes and for each of them we defined a pass grade.

For those who complete the course we would like to distinguish them into three categories (and related badges):

1. course grade between 80 and 90

2. course grade between 90 and 97

3. course grade between 97 and 100

I identified these problems:

- how to link the quizzes results to the course grade (that means how to express for example "all the people that get at least 70 grades in every quiz"?). I don't want to use the activity completion option "passing grades" because I want to mantain separated course completion and course grades. 

- how to link badges to grades ranges (see points 1.-3. above)? 

thank you for your help, I really need it smile

Stefania

In reply to stefania quattrocchi

Re: Badges criteria linked to course and activities grades ranges

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

For badges - you could  add 3 page modules. Restrict each page module to become visible to students depending on the grade they get (page module 1 : student must have earned 80% to 90% in Course Total (gradevook category); page module 2, etc...) 

Then set the badge to be earned depending on which page module is viewed. 

To prevent these pages from always being visible you may need a date restriction on them too...