Loading error - Moodle mobile 3.5

Loading error - Moodle mobile 3.5

by DDM Dolawattha -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

I have installed Moodle mobile 3.5 on my Android device (Android version 5.1.1). And I upgraded my moodle learning site to 3.5. When first time opens the app, I gave site address, then gave username and password. So App is working perfectly. But once I closed the app and try to open the second time, the app displaying it's orange color splash only and never goes to app's other pages. So how can rectify this issue?. Thanks 

Dhammika

Average of ratings: -
In reply to DDM Dolawattha

Re: Loading error - Moodle mobile 3.5

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Dhammika,

can you please tell us which device are you using?

Have you tried if the same happens in other devices? Just to make sure if it's site related or device related.

Thank you,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by DDM Dolawattha -

Dear Mr. Dani,

Thanks for the reply. Initially I installed the Moodle app to my 'Samsung galaxy grand prime device (android version 5.1.1) ' and earlier said problem came. After your reply I installed it to a 'Samsung Galaxy J1 Ace (Android version 4.4.4)' device and the above problem wasn't come. 

Is this problem depend on android version?. If so latest android version has the problem?. 

But Moodle mobile 3.4 hasn't appeared this issue in the same device. So what should I do to run the 3.5 in above device?

Thanks

Dhammika

In reply to DDM Dolawattha

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

the main problem with Android is that every brand adds its own customisations. So a 5.1.1 in a Samsung Galaxy can be different than in another device, so there can be issues that only happen with a certain device and Android version.

We'll try to reproduce the issue, I'll get back to you.

Kind regards,

Dani