Research on Moodle, Drupal and WordPress

Research on Moodle, Drupal and WordPress

by Jason Moen -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am doing a research for my final year project and have to compare the CMS for education purpose. After doing some research, I have listed Joomla, Moodle, WordPress and Drupal and wanted to do comparison for all of them. There are various sites where I pulled enough information for Drupal vs WordPress features and other technicalities, however, wanted to have more information on the subject.

I would really appreciate if someone can share useful links for Moodle also similar to the reference link.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Moen

Re: Research on Moodle, Drupal and WordPress

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Uhhhh ... think you've maybe misunderstood 'CMS' ... understandable as the tech acronym lingo sometimes gets morphed.

To me, and maybe many others, CMS is 'Content Management System' ... of which, Joomla, WordPress, and Drupal fall.   To get the sorts of tools one finds for 'educating', one might have to download a fork of Joomla,WP, or Drupal ... or find plugins/addons for teaching/educating.

IF, however, one defines CMS as "Course Management System" then one would have found Moodle to have the 'most features' in that context and the others (the Joomla/WordPress/Drupal) tend to fall away.

Moodle, is more a 'learning management system' right out of the shrink wrap (ie, no additions installed).

So kinda like comparing apples to oranges to banna's. smile

My 2 cents - from someone who has run all 4.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason Moen

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yeh - Moodle is the odd one out in that list.

You'd better go and find out what 'CMS' means. 

And we're not doing your homework for you big grin big grin

In reply to Howard Miller

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

To follow up on what Howard has said "do your homework," ask "Which of these systems can create a "quiz" after "doing your homework."