Allow some students to review their quiz but not others

Allow some students to review their quiz but not others

by Declan Maher -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

Moodle v3

Students have taken a quiz.  Several have failed.  I wish that only the students who have failed the quiz can review their effort while those who have passed cannot.

Under Quiz Settings, if I set Review Options to options under  After The Quiz Closes   AND  then under Restrict Access, I  select under the Use Profile Field, the email ID for those failed students, will this suffice?

My worry is that I am not aware whether  Restrict Access is solely designed for access to taking  the quiz or whether it would achieve my aims of restricting review to selected students only.  

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Declan Maher

Re: Allow some students to review their quiz but not others

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would put all failed students in a group and then restrict access to the group.  This will stop the others from accessing the quiz.  However, you are going to have to look at your gradebook settings as this might also remove or hide the grade for the quiz from the students that passed it.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Declan Maher

Re: Allow some students to review their quiz but not others

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Since you already know about restrict access, maybe you could try this. Just put the quiz in a topic by itself. Edit the topic and add a restriction. Make the restriction settings match the following:

A first, the quiz will be visible to all students. If set like the example, once they make higher than 60 and exit their review, they will not see the quiz anymore, but instead will see: Restricted Not available unless: you do not get certain scores in ..the name of your quiz....

Later, after everyone has a passing grade, if you want to give them all further review access, just delete the topic access restriction.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)