Assigning a learning plan to teacher

Assigning a learning plan to teacher

by Philippe Roth -
Number of replies: 11
Dear All,

I have noticed that teachers cannot access submissions for review, when submitted by students, because learning plans are set to a higher level and only managers can access the competencies to review.

I also have found this link https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Learning_plan_viewer which describes how to create a new custom role in order to allow teachers to view learning plans. However, I have tried to follow the steps described, but cannot make it. I have the feeling that the documentation do not relates to Moodle version 3.4...

Do you have any idea how teachers could see students' learning plans and how they could access and grade the competencies to review? The attached picture is what I would like teachers be able to see. As I am a manager in our Moodle, I can see the competencies to review...

Many thanks in advance,
Philippe

Attachment Capture-moodle.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philippe Roth

Re: Assigning a learning plan to teacher

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Does this one help: Competency reviewer?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Roth -

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for the link. It works now. Some info was missing on the link I provided.

Anyway, the way it is described on the description page is very confusing and do not explain exactly where to go.

For instance, it is described:

Assigning the teacher to a large number of students

1. From Site administration, access the Cohorts screen and create a cohort with the relevant students in it.
  2. Then from the Users tab, click the link 'Assign user roles to cohort'.
  3. From the top dropdown, choose your teacher.
  4. etc...
That's where I was stucked for a while...

Instead, it should be described as everywhere else in Moodle, and would be much better.

1. Site administration / Users / Accounts / Cohorts, create a cohort with the relevant students in it.
  2. Site administration / Users / Permissions / Assign user roles to cohort.
  3. Select users to assign role, choose your teachers.
  4. etc...
Anyway, thank you again for helping me smile
Philippe
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Roth -

Do you think I could modify the page myself, as I have an account and the documentation is based on Mediawiki? Personnaly, I think so...

Cheers,
Phil

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can of course modify the page yourself by logging into our docs. Interesting that you feel the other format is better - we actually changed from that to the one I wrote, thinking it might be more understandable, but perhaps we are wrong smile You are most welcome to edit the page and change it back and add any improvements.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Roth -

OK Mary,

I modify and let you know.

Thanks for your trust smile

Phil

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Roth -

Hello Mary,

I've made modifications for Create a new custom role and Assigning the teacher to a large number of students, but I cannot find my way with Assigning the teacher to one or several students, as described in the help page...

Could you help me?

Many thanks,
Phil

by Mary Cooch -

Hello again. Sorry, what is the problem you are having when you say you cannot find my way with Assigning the teacher to one or several students, as described in the help page...?  I don't quite understand.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Roth -

Hello,

Sorry, maybe my explaination is not that good.

In fact it's step 2, I can see the list of permissions, but can't see the option 'Assign roles relative to this user' (in the Roles section).'

Attachment Capture-permissions.PNG

by Mary Cooch -

Did you assign the competency reviewer role to the User context? You will not see the link Assign roles relative to this user if you didn't do that first, as outlined in the previous section https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/Competency_reviewer#Create_a_new_custom_role, because you won't have a role that you can assign.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Philippe Roth -

Hello Mary,

Yes, I have created the Competency reviewer role and set it to User context.

Is there anything to set under 'Allow role assignment' when defining the role?

Many thanks,
Phil

Attachment moodle2-Capture.PNG

by Philippe Roth -

Hello Mary,

OK, I found it. There is a mistake or misunderstanding in the description.

It says 'As an administrator, access the student's profile, open Preferences and click the Permissions link.'

It should be 'As an administrator, access the student's profile, open Preferences and click the Assign roles relative to this user link'. Because under permission, there is no option to assign roles.

The rest is OK, I modify the text.

Thanks again,
Phil