Exception - 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.

Exception - 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.

by Mellow Mendez -
Number of replies: 5

Hi! After i enable the Google Drive Repository, i tried adding and linking a files to my moodle private files but i got this error.

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.43.03 PM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.43.36 PM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 4.43.58 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mellow Mendez

Re: Exception - 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Usual problem, the access has not been configured properly. Having said that, which server is generating the error? The error, I suspect, is with the other end, not Moodle. So is there any configuration setting there not set properly to allow access? Just because you can go there and look at the work, doesn't mean you can do so in Moodle if there is a setting that needs to be made.  

In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Exception - 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.

by Mellow Mendez -

Hi,

I already set the google scopes to this "https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive" which means it has an access to all files and folders, every time i use "create an access controlled link to the file" this error always occur "Exception - 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file." but when i use the "Make a copy of the file" there is no error. 

Thanks.

In reply to Mellow Mendez

by Sarah Ricketts -

Hi Mellow,

Did you manage to find a resolution to this issue and get the 'Access Controlled Links' working between GDrive and Moodle?  I'm getting the same error as you were reporting.

Although I have connected an account, I keep getting the error "Exception - 403: The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file." when trying to create an Access Controlled Link.  Although I get the error, when I log into the connected (and authorised) google account, I can see a folder structure has been created in GDrive, with a disconnected copy of the google doc I have tried to add in Moodle.

Just wanting to find someone for whom this is actually working correctly!

Kind regards,
Sarah

In reply to Sarah Ricketts

by begum karat -

Hi Sarah,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I'm also getting the same error.

In reply to begum karat

by Sarah Ricketts -

Unfortunately not.  Have you been successful in setting it up yet?  I've tried adding content both as a teacher and as a learner using this method (not using the linked admin account that has been set up) and i'm getting this same error.