DDL sql execution error when update version Moodle 3.5

DDL sql execution error when update version Moodle 3.5

by Forum HarimauKita -
Number of replies: 3

I have just started to use Moodle 3.4 to create an online training platform with initial materials uploaded. However, logging on to the site for the first time in 2 weeks, I got directed to this automated page asking me to do an install (i.e. upgrade to the newly released 3.5)

and then i continued to install new version 3.5

On Installation Process

Page view on list of server checks and there are two plugins should be check
1) php_extension (soap) which is optional
2) ph_setting (opchace.enable) which is PHP setting should be changed- in this part, i do not know where to change and enable OPcache extension

then i tried to continue cause in the bottom of report list there is statement "Your server environment meets all minimum requirements."

But then what i got is error

System
DDL sql execution error

It is usually not possible to recover from errors triggered during installation, you may need to create a new database or use a different database prefix if you want to retry the installation.

Stack trace:

line 492 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: ddl_change_structure_exception thrown
    line 1041 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
    line 77 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->change_database_structure()
    line 425 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->execute_sql_arr()
    line 370 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->install_from_xmldb_structure()
    line 1730 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to database_manager->install_from_xmldb_file()
    line 276 of /admin/index.php: call to install_core()

How i can fix this issue?

Please help,

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Forum HarimauKita

Re: DDL sql execution error when update version Moodle 3.5

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Where is your Moodle installed and on what operating system? Who installed and administers it?

There is no mechanism in Moodle to upgrade the code from 3.4 to 3.5. So *somebody* changed the Moodle code. A very good start would be to find out what was done and why.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Forum HarimauKita -

I was install on subdomain via Cpanel and i responsible to administrate it, what should i do now?

Should i look up on PHPMyadmin to find out the code that has been changed?

Thanks for your suggest

In reply to Forum HarimauKita

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Then at some point, you downloaded the new moodle code.  Or you used some installer that automatically upgraded your code.  If the latter, we cannot help - you need to talk to your host about their installer.

For now, if you installed manually, it sounds like you have three options:

1.  Hope that the installer did not actually get started and remove the 3.5 and return to 3.4 code, copying over your config.php file and see if that gets the site back online.

2.  Restore a backup from before you started the upgrade.

3.  Wipe out the database and start from scratch.