Dashboard does not reflect course completion status

Dashboard does not reflect course completion status

by Rob Mills -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

Been trawling forums all morning for some insight. I have users seeing a course in their dashboard as past i.e. completed. It also does not show up in the my courses menu. HOWEVER - that user has NOT completed the course. Their completion status shows them as not having completed. 

Somehow the menu and dashboard are not tracking the users completion status. Somewhere the system seems to be clinging to some old history where under different circumstances the user had completed. 

How does one clear the users completions status wherever the dashboard and menu reads it? I have deleted completion data in the course, un-enrolled and re-enrolled the user - to no avail. 

Running Moodle 3.5

Boost Theme

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Mills

Re: Dashboard does not reflect course completion status

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The course might be in their past tab because the end date had passed, even if they haven't completed it.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rob Mills -

Nope the course does not have a completion date. I suspect it has more to do with some hangover from an earlier setup where they held a student role and fulfilled completion criteria which are now changed. 

In fact they are now a teacher on the course - as far as I know completion tracking does not apply to teachers. 

In reply to Rob Mills

by Melanie Scott -

I think Mary is saying the course has an end date (course settings) and that date is in the past, hence the course appearing in the past courses area rather than current courses.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)