How to add courses to my moodle from PDF

How to add courses to my moodle from PDF

by QIM seminary -
Number of replies: 2

I am new here, just created a free seminary, i have all my courses written as pdf, and i tried adding them using the "add course" button but i receive a notification that my file is not a CSV file.

please i need help.

thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to QIM seminary

Re: How to add courses to my moodle from PDF

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello.  If your course is a PDF then you need first to create a new course manually and then use the File upload option to upload your PDF. You can use the Single activity course format so your course only shows the PDF.

So - 

1) Look at Adding a new course to make a new course

2) Then watch this video to see how to set the course format -and then 3 below

3)Then watch this video to see how to upload your PDF

Later on it might be helpful to you to go through the the Admin quick guide and Teacher quick guide

In reply to QIM seminary

Re: How to add courses to my moodle from PDF

by James Steerpike -
If you are using Moodle simply to upload PDFs for your courses, Moodle may not be right for you. Consider using a much simpler web page as Moodle is a large and complex system.
Moodle becomes useful when users interact and create content - whether forum posts, quiz answers, or other actions
I think you need to think about what you want to accomplish for your  learners. Technology must be used to enhance your teaching.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)