nightly dump uppgrade

nightly dump uppgrade

by Patrik Nilsson -
Number of replies: 6

I have installed the nightly dump from yesterday 20 november..
Everything in the upgrade was ok and everything seems fine.
When I login and cruise around it works, except for one course..
I deleted it and it deleted it ok. Then I made a new course and everything says ok.
But when i try to access it then the page starts to load  but it loads really slow about 1% per second and then it stops at 38%..
Is there anyone that have a clue what is up with that ?
Everything is fine, except for this new created courses..

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrik Nilsson

Re: nightly dump uppgrade

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Try "hiding" (disabling) some of the newer modules in Admin -> Configure -> Modules.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Patrik Nilsson -

Did try that but it didn't make a difference.
Noticed that the course that is working is in theme format and the one not working is in weeks format. But my server made very strange things after I upgraded.
The hardrive was working really hard and the system was really slow. I left it over night and it was still working in the morning so I made a reboot and now the server works ok except for moodle. Its just a a test server so I can dump the database and make a new one and see if that works.. but I still like to figure out what´s wrong if it happens when i upgrade the schools system. Is there a minimum requirement for this new version of moodle when it comes to php ?
I got version 4.1.2 of php..

by Patrik Nilsson -

I now made a new database and did everything from scratch and that version is working but the one i upgraded doesn't. I have now checked the lang and themes. it seems like it works if I switch to a standard theme so I think I got it pinned downed to that.
but in the upgraded version i get this message in recent activity in a course.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 46080 bytes) in /var/www/html/moodle/mod/workshop/lib.php on line 3502

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

But in the freash installed version it works just fine.. and the old theme works fine in the new installation.. So everything is working but in the upgraded version somethinng must have gone wrong even if everything said ok during the upgrade

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Please try the very latest moodle-latest (with the unused modules hidden) and see if that helps.  I just made a small improvement so that unused/hidden modules aren't loaded by the recent activity process.

The problem is that Moodle is growing and too much is being loaded to display the course page. You can increase the PHP memory from 8Mb to something higher, but please try the latest first to see if it works anyway.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Patrik Nilsson -

Your right as usual thoughtful
I haven't download your latest fixes because its my test server and I did want to try out all the new modules. But change the values in php helped. I guess all modules took about 18 - 19 Mb so I think for the next version I might consider upgrade the hardware. It sure is growing rapidly.
I still have one problem I think. I did play around with glossary. In your moodle here when I type something in a forum you get words linked to your glossary right ?
I put in a word in the glossary and made it global and autolink but it doesn't seem to link in my post in the forum. Shouldn't it do that or have I missunderstood that?

by Martin Dougiamas -
You need to turn on filters too, in your config.php ... see config-dist.php for an explanation and an example.

There will be a GUI for it later.