were can I find exhaustive documentation on the GDPR data registry?

were can I find exhaustive documentation on the GDPR data registry?

per stefan weber -
Nombre de respostes: 2
Imatge Plugin developers

Quite frankly, I do not really understand how this works, and all the documentation I was able to find is very shallow.

Say, I set a retention period of 6 months for our site

• What happens after the retention period passes? 
    • What gets deleted? Does only user data get deleted (like what "reset course" does), or do whole activities / blocks / courses get deleted?
    • How can an admin confirm/avoid those deletions? 
  • Is there any way to set different retention periods for different types of activities (forums, quizzes, etc)?, without choosing a category for each single activity of that kind?
  • What date determines when the retention period expires? 
    • Say i set a retention period of 6 months for a whole course - will the course be deleted 6 months after it is created? 
    • Or if only user data gets deleted: do forum posts get deleted 6 months after they were being made, or 6 months after the forum itself was created? what happens to child posts of deleted topics?

Any answer or pointing me to a good docu about the data registry would be greatly appreciated

Mitjana de qualificacions: -
En resposta a stefan weber

Re: were can I find exhaustive documentation on the GDPR data registry?

per Ralf Hilgenstock -
Imatge Core developers Imatge Particularly helpful Moodlers Imatge Translators

Hi Stefan

just a quick answer below the lines to your questions:

• What happens after the retention period passes?
    You'll get an overview about elements to delete and start deletion manually.
    • What gets deleted? Does only user data get deleted (like what "reset course" does), or do whole activities / blocks / courses get deleted?
      Only user data. Course contents are not deleted.
    • How can an admin confirm/avoid those deletions?
      Not confirming the deletion. Or defining no retention period for specila courses, categories  or not setting a course end date.
  • Is there any way to set different retention periods for different types of activities (forums, quizzes, etc)?, without choosing a category for each single activity of that kind?
    No, not on activity type level.  This willbe an improvement
  • What date determines when the retention period expires?
    Course end data in course settings
    • Say i set a retention period of 6 months for a whole course - will the course be deleted 6 months after it is created?
      No, only user data if you confirm data deletion.
    • Or if only user data gets deleted: do forum posts get deleted 6 months after they were being made, or 6 months after the forum itself was created? what happens to child posts of deleted topics?
      The retention period is for complete course user data. The calculation is based on course enddate plus  six months of retention.
      Its different if a user asks for account and data deletion. If the protection is not set the data forthe user incl. forum post content will be deleted. Child content will stay.
I've written an extensive German documnetation for our clients, but ist not yet finished complete

Ralf

En resposta a Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: were can I find exhaustive documentation on the GDPR data registry?

per stefan weber -
Imatge Plugin developers

thanks ralf, that cleared up many things - so basically, the data deletion will never delete any actual course items under any circumstances, only userdata? that helps me a lot.