Fail require network address

Re: Fail require network address

by Giorgio Riva -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Bruno and Dan,

I'm having the same "issue".

As Bruno said, having configured the Default subnet in global settings, I'm am expecting that, in sessions with Require network address -> Use default selected, the default would be used.

The current behaviour seems to be different and it seems that the default subnet is never used.

I've checked the code and the default subnet is used only as default when creating the Add session form (add_form.php - line 243) and only when the Allow subnet config at activity level setting is not selected.

I'm a little confused. 

What I'm expecting is:

• when Allow subnet config at activity level is selected, the teacher can uncheck the Use default setting in Add session form and write your own subnet, even disabling the network address check.
  • when Allow subnet config at activity level is not selected, the teacher cannot uncheck the Use default setting Add session form.
  • when the Default subnet is not configured, the Use default should not be visible because there's no default.

In both cases, when the Use default is checked the Default subnet from global settings should be used.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Giorgio