Fail require network address

Fail require network address

by Bruno Mendes -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everybody,

I'm having trouble to use the Require Network Address funcionality. I set the default network as 10.132 , to allow only ips in this network to make attendance, but I can make my attendance using 4g.

Could anyone help me, please? If more informations are needed, please let me know.

Thanks.

brbmendes

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bruno Mendes

Re: Fail require network address

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

one clue is the word "default" in front of "default network" smile

the "default" is only used when creating new attendance sessions. you might need to check the actual attendance session - you can also set a network address at the attendance level and at the indiviidual session level.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Bruno Mendes -

Hi Dan,

First of all, thanks for your quick reply. The plugin still not working for me.

I've set the default network (in site administration > plugins > plugin overview > attendance > settings ) as "10" to allow all IP's in a network starting with "10", created a new attendance activity and created a new session with "require network address" as "use default", but I still can check my attendance using 3G. Set network address in individual session levels isn't working too. I can use 3G either. 

Am I setting default network wrong? The network must be "10" because the second part of IP already changes (10.45, 10.120, etc.).

To be more specific, and help you to understand what I'm trying to do either, my University uses EDUROAM network to all students, and we are trying to use the attendance plugin to work only on this network.

If you need more informations, please let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.

In reply to Bruno Mendes

by Giorgio Riva -

Hi Bruno and Dan,

I'm having the same "issue".

As Bruno said, having configured the Default subnet in global settings, I'm am expecting that, in sessions with Require network address -> Use default selected, the default would be used.

The current behaviour seems to be different and it seems that the default subnet is never used.

I've checked the code and the default subnet is used only as default when creating the Add session form (add_form.php - line 243) and only when the Allow subnet config at activity level setting is not selected.

I'm a little confused. 

What I'm expecting is:

• when Allow subnet config at activity level is selected, the teacher can uncheck the Use default setting in Add session form and write your own subnet, even disabling the network address check.
  • when Allow subnet config at activity level is not selected, the teacher cannot uncheck the Use default setting Add session form.
  • when the Default subnet is not configured, the Use default should not be visible because there's no default.

In both cases, when the Use default is checked the Default subnet from global settings should be used.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Giorgio