Urgent: Upgraded to moodle 3.5 and login with Google not Showing

Urgent: Upgraded to moodle 3.5 and login with Google not Showing

by Beta G -
Number of replies: 3

Dear Moodle Users

We upgraded to latest Moodle 3.5 and to our moodle only Google Auth was allowed so the red button Login with Google is not appearing anymore.

I don't have even admin access is it possible to allow admin access in config file without password, because even manual form login with password don't show.

Any reason why this is hidden after upgrade ? We use HTTP and not HTTPS.

Looking forward for your help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beta G

Re: Urgent: Upgraded to moodle 3.5 and login with Google not Showing

by Beta G -

Is there any possibility to make manual login in some way as admin because even form is not showing then I may check settings of AUTH etc.

I don't changed anything just did regular upgrade as always from 3.2 to latest 3.5

In reply to Beta G

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

When your site was a 3.2 it was using an addon-plugin for Google Authentications.  3.5 now has Oauth2 (Google) built into core.   To get the 'red' button to show, you might have had to edit a file in the 3.2.

You were using: https://moodle.org/plugins/auth_googleoauth2

Please read the first paragraph.

At any rate, hope you made a backup of code and of the DB prior to upgrading.   Your best option at this point is to restore the site to the 3.2.

You will then have to research what one has to do to convert all users that used Google in the 3.2 to the Oauth2 in 3.5 *before* you attempt an upgrade to 3.5 and drop the addon-plugin + setup the new.   ** mdl_user ** table will have to be manipulated to get users changed from the old to the new.

There is no utility to make mass conversions other than CSV uploads and those now restrict what fields one can change in the mdl_user table.

Once your 3.2 site is restored, make full site backups ... code, DB, and data directory ... and restore them to a clone server to work through the process of converting users accounts.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Beta G -

Okay I returned back to previous version by restoring VM of Moodle back and version is 2016120501.09

Only problem is before making this backup I just go to admin settings and updated plugins - > so still Google Auth button is not showing in main page to click.

But I am in Moodle 3.2 so how to make it show again or shall I downgrade Auth plugin ?

THis is Moodle Version in Config File in Database 2016120501.09