New Install error

New Install error

by Peter Easton -
Number of replies: 3

HI All,

I wanted to install a fresh copy moodle 3.4.3 to do some testing before i upgrade my existing moodle but for some reason I keep getting the following error: "User not fully set-up" and in  the background it says: "The operation timed out while waiting for a lock."

I'not suer whats going on. Its a completely fresh install with no problems in the "server checks" or the plugin install.

When I hit the continue button it goes to the error page. I know its something on my server because with I install it on my MAMP locally it works. I'm stuck any ideas?

PHP 7.2.5

mysql 5.6.40

Thanks in advance for any help provided

Pete

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-21 at 2.30.05 PM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Easton

Re: New Install error

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Go to Site Admin -> Users -> Accounts -> User Profile fields.

After initial installation, did you setup a Profile field and made it required?

Users already in system ... including a 2nd user with Admin priv's you might have created just after install may not have had those required field filled out.

Just a guess.

Might be some more specific info if debugging turned on.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Peter Easton -

I haven't even gotten that far in the install. I'm assuming that its issues creating the original admin account but i'm notsure.

Pete

In reply to Peter Easton

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Don't think I've heard of this one before, but ....

So you haven't been able to finish the install a fresh 3.4.3?

There was a 'more info' link in your screen shot.   Did you click it and see what it said?

A fresh install requires a new code directory, a new db (not one used before with another moodle) and a new moodledata directory.

How did you attempt the install?

No Vulcan Mind Meld possible ... so you are going to have to provide some details.

'spirit of sharing', Ken