After update to Moodle 3.5 one course shows "Class 'Object' not found"

After update to Moodle 3.5 one course shows "Class 'Object' not found"

by Andreas Giesen -
Number of replies: 2

After update to Moodle 3.5 (from 3.1) one course shows "Class 'Object' not found". I tried to deactivate all extra plugins, there are not many used anyway. (Lightbox Gallery, Bootstrap Elements, People Block, Notifications). Also other courses that are set up exactly the same way show fine and alle the plugins work. 

What could cause an error "Class 'Object' not found" under these circumstances just in one course? Debugging set to on shows no further clue. PHP 7.1 is active PHP-version. Server is Ubuntu (Hosting)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andreas Giesen

Re: After update to Moodle 3.5 one course shows "Class 'Object' not found"

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you post a screenshot - not sure where you are seeing this?  Did you turn debugging on to full developer mode?

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: After update to Moodle 3.5 one course shows "Class 'Object' not found"

by Andreas Giesen -

Actually there was not much else to see in the page, only the error ;) 

But full developer-mode helped to identify the block that was causing trouble. (I must have taken the one below before)

Strangely the block ist used in all courses! I deactivated the plugin (Notifications Block) and now the course works. 

I wonder how to deactivate the block only for that course, because I cannot remove the block when it is there, because the page won't load, and neither when the plugin is completely deactivated, because then I cannot remove the single instance of the block... 

But thanks already, this helped a lot! smile