Greenthumb here: trying to install on an IIS from remote access.

Greenthumb here: trying to install on an IIS from remote access.

by KJ Loewen -
Number of replies: 1

Hi there.

I am trying to install moodle on my remote server. I am using Windows 2000 with IIS.

I installed the PHP/mySQL/Apache bundled package. Will the Apache conflict with my IIS. Should I just keep it stopped?

Do I keep the Moodle files in the EasyPHP/www folder, or in my C://inetPub folder?

I am running an hosted application already in the WWW folder (Macromedia Breeze) .When I try to make a virtual directory in IIS to point to
the directory with the relevant Moodle files, I indicate the my Ip address and IIS gives me an error message that it is already in use. Breeze is using Port 80. How can I create a directory that is http://myIP/moodle ?

OK that's it for now but there may be more :s

Average of ratings: -
In reply to KJ Loewen

Re: Greenthumb here: trying to install on an IIS from remote access.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Apache will almost certainly not start if IIS is running. It won't be able to bind to port 80.

If you don't need IIS then keep it turned off. Apache is more secure anyway, and EasyPHP is much nicer to use.

If you intend to use EasyPHP then you must put Moodle under the EasyPHP folder. If IIS is off you can forget about the InetPub folder.

I am not sure what you are asking about the Macromedia product. Although this isn't strictly true you need to decide if you are going to run IIS *or* Apache - you can't (really) have both.

You can set up as much as you want under the EasyPHP/www folder, e.g.,

EasyPHP/www/moodle
EasyPHP/www/breeze

etc etc

As an aside, PHP *will* install under IIS without too much bother - I have run Moodle myself that way with few problems. However, EasyPHP makes the job a *lot* easier.