separate log in options for different users

separate log in options for different users

by A M -
Number of replies: 3

Hi, 

I would like to enable two separate groups of users to log into my platform: the employers (this would send to the internal login system) and the clients (Moodle 3.4).

Could you please advise me how to deal with it?

I would be grateful for your response!

Regards,

Anna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A M

Re: separate log in options for different users

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

To what end?

How would they differ in Moodle once they had logged in? Do you just mean that it should be visually different or something else?

In reply to Howard Miller

Odp: Re: separate log in options for different users

by A M -

For example bank emloyees (sorry, not employers!) can click one button or link and the other users can click another one. Once they had logged in, they would have different courses available.

Attachment different log in.png
In reply to A M

Re: Odp: Re: separate log in options for different users

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Users only see on their Dashboard the courses you have enrolled them in. So they don't need separate logins. 

If you mean that two different groups of users cannot see the other group's courses 'at all' then Moodle doesn't do that. 

It might be worth a look at www.iomad.org. It still doesn't do exactly what you're asking but you could separate them using different 'companies'. Custom development would be required for separate login links but, as I said, it isn't really necessary.