Changing short site title block colour

Changing short site title block colour

by Anthony newton -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I am really new to Moodle, like 3 days new! I work for a small school, which is pretty poor (in wealth), and I have been asking the head teacher about getting some kind of LMS/VLE into the school – so, guess who got picked to set it up (we can’t afford outside help)?! I know only the very basics of HTML and CSS, I’ve literally only been studying it for a few weeks, however, I truly believe that a VLE is really going to help the students, even if I can only make it pretty basic while I am on this vertical learning curve!

So, my question is: the short site title comes up on the home page, the font is black inside a blue block of colour. How do I change this colour please? I realise that I will probably need to do it in the code, but I have no idea where to find it.

Have included a pic of a random site from the internet to show what I mean.

I am using Moodle 3.4.2

PHP 7.2

Many Thanks

Anthony

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 01.16.56.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anthony newton

Re: Changing short site title block colour

by Nitesh Kumar -

Hi Anthony,

You can make css change either from code or from admin user.

Css changes from code.

1. Go to the applied theme folder (Moodle/theme/yourtheme).

2. then open the custom.css in style folder

3. right the css for the logo by his id or class.

4. don't forget to clear the cache.

css from admin panel.

1. find the id or class by inspecting the element.

2. then go to applied theme setting(moodle/admin/settings.php?section=themesettingclean).

3. then in custom_css box write the css for that id or class.

4. save the changes.

In reply to Nitesh Kumar

Re: Changing short site title block colour

by Anthony newton -

Thank you Nitesh,

I fear that this is well above my very limited skill level. However, i managed to make the changes by changing the font colour to the colour I wanted and the colour block disappeared. I've got a lot of learning ahead of me!

Thanks again.