Multiple choice question with multiple but limited amount of answers

Multiple choice question with multiple but limited amount of answers

by Senka Grossauer -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

This has already been a Topic here on Forum, but unfortunatelly without an answer, so the previous discussion has been locked. This is why I am asking this question again.

I am in need of a plugin/or an idea on how I can achieve the following:

- the students can select multiple answers

- the students are not penalized for any incorrect answers

- the students can only select a certain number of answers

What I am trying to achieve is that the students receive credit for every correct answer, no penalty credits for incorrect answers and additionaly avoid the case that a student choses all answers and still gets all the points.

For example, that the students receive credit for every correct answer (so if they choose 3 answers and only get 2 out of 3 correct , they would receive 2/3 of the total grade for the question.

Cheers,
Senka

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Senka Grossauer

Re: Multiple choice question with multiple but limited amount of answers

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Senka,

This is possible with the Formulas question type:

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Sandrine Brice-Profeta -

Hi,

I think this "astronomy" example would perfectly fit my needs.

Unfortunately I can't find the xml source: I can't enrol in the course https://moodleformulas.org/course/ (option disabled??) to see the xml and in the example sample folder of the formulas question plugin, I can't find the corresponding example. 

Could you find a way to send me the .xml ?

Thanks!

SBP

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Sam Mudle -

Correction, you mean

Log in to MoodleFormulas, then go to Multiple Choice -> Radio buttons -> Several choices.

Similar to the OP, I have questions that require the students to select two out of four choices.  Students quickly figure out that they just have to select all of the answers to see which ones are the right ones.  When they retake the quiz, they simply plug in the right answer.

DO THIS WITHOUT FORMULAS.

I think another way to do this without the Formulas plugin is to use the built-in drag and drop type question.

Create two blanks, with four answers.  They have to drag the two correct ones into the boxes.

You could also do this with a fill in the blank, and have them type the letters of the two answers, so if it was B and C, they could type BC.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)