Cannot Install Moodle 3.4

Cannot Install Moodle 3.4

by Gabe Griggs -
Number of replies: 4

Hi!

I seem to have a problem installing Moodle 3.4.  I successfully made it through the first couple of steps of the install but when I get past where it checks the PHP "variables" it gives me an error 500 and then shows "Site is Upgrading...".  Afterwards, it moves on to the next step which is plugin installation.  Plugin installation is successful and it moves on to the next step, creating the admin account.  I enter in my information, as shown in the video, and click continue.  Then, it goes right back to that page and fails to create the user.  That page also shows the undefined popup, which is also shown the the video below.  Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Gabe

Screen Recording (since I couldn't upload due to being too big): 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gabe Griggs

Re: Cannot Install Moodle 3.4

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What is your operating system and what instructions did you follow to install Moodle? If you get an error 500 during install then you need to fix that. You can't carry on - it's very unlikely to work?

Can you check your web server's error log to find the error 500? There should be additional information that will help.

In reply to Howard Miller

by Gabe Griggs -

My operating system is Windows Server 2016 and I follow the instructions provided on the website.  I can check the error logs as well.

Gabe

In reply to Gabe Griggs

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

...can we get a link to the instructions you followed? It saves some time - then we know what you are doing. 

Checking error logs is important. I don't know anything about Windows (sorry) but I assume you know where your web server logs are (or can find out).

In reply to Howard Miller

by Gabe Griggs -

Alright, I tried a reinstall and it didn't give me the error 500, but it still gives the "Site is being upgraded..." message and still gives me that "Undefined" error.

Gabe