Teachers no longer associated with courses after upgrade to 3.4

Teachers no longer associated with courses after upgrade to 3.4

by Francesca ashley cooper -
Number of replies: 4

All the teachers on my moodle site (barring 3) are no longer listed as teachers in users, and no longer associated with their courses and contact lists.

Any idea how I can get this back? I still have all my old files from pre-upgrade.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Francesca ashley cooper

Re: Teachers no longer associated with courses after upgrade to 3.4

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Francesca!

Please, could you provide us more information about the upgrading process: which was the initial Moodle version, how did you upgraded, where are you expecting to find the teachers (for this point, some screenshots could help us to understand better what are you missing)? 

Thanks in advance!

Sara

In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

Hi Sara,

I upgraded from 3.0.4 to 3.4.2

The teachers tried to login and their user details were not found, so I re-imported the users from an old table.

The teachers then tried to edit their course and we not found to be the teacher of the course, and all contacts were lost.

As per screenshot below - you'll see there are only 3 teachers in  the system now - there should be more than 10.

Any help much appreciated!

Attachment missing-teachers.jpg
In reply to Francesca ashley cooper

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

so I re-imported the users from an old table.

That does not sound right. What is that "old table"? And how did you "re-import" them? Do those teachers still have an account in Moodle - maybe it is just the enrolment information that got lost somehow.

In reply to David Mudrák

The old table - I had a saved version of the database and copied users from that "old" database into the "new" database, I did this in PhPmyadmin - import into table.

The teachers accounts had all disappeared (apart from 3 that remained somehow).

How would I check enrollment information?