GDPR Plugins help

GDPR Plugins help

by David Broomfield -
Number of replies: 17

Hello.

I'm on Moodle 3.3.5

Following on from their announcement at this years MoodleMoot I have installed the GDPR plugins:

• tool/policy
  • tool/dataprivacy

They are on my Moodle and appear to be working.  I can create a policy that users have to agree to.  I can raise a data request.  I have also created a special user role that has the following rights so they can administrate users requests:

• tool/dataprivacy:managedataregistry
  • tool/dataprivacy:managedatarequests
  • tool/policy:viewacceptances
  • tool/dataprivacy:makedatarequestsforchildren
  • tool/policy:acceptbehalf

I have given another test user account these rights and can access everything that I appear I need to.

What I can't see how to dois how to action a data or deletion request.  I can click:

• Site administration > Data Privacy > Data Requests

The only option I get in actions is to "View the request"

Data requests table

Clicking on view the request shows this window:

Export all of my personal data

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Broomfield

Re: GDPR Plugins help

by Ray Lawrence -

Hi David,

I had the same issue. You need to run the cron job to change the status.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi David,

Is what you're looking for under the "Actions" menu on the right, just above the "View the request" button?

In reply to Mark Johnson

by David Broomfield -

Yes that's where it is.

I just needed to run my Cron job before it appeared.  My Dev server doesn't run the Cron automatically so I have to manually run it.  I also needed to run the Cron after I approved the data request.  This made it possible to download the data.

Thanks for your help.

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Well, I've run the cron.php job a few times, but to no avail. Furthermore, the dataprivacy tasks don't seem to show up in the Scheduled tasks section of Site administration > Server.

Any pointers on how to get this to work properly? Am I missing settings?

I've installed the latest versions of both GDPR plugins on Moodle 3.4.2.

In reply to Joost Elshoff

by David Broomfield -

Have you changed the Policy settings to "Policies (tool_policy)"?

1. Click Site administration 
  2. Scroll down to Privacy and Policies
  3. Click on Policy Settings
  4. In the dropdown Site Policy Handler select  "Policies (tool_policy)"
  5. Click Save changes

I missed this to start with.  Once the policy was in I could see all the other bits that the tool brought along.

by Jayden Tyronian -

I'm having this same issue where no other options other than View Request appears in the action menu,

I've set the site policy to tool_policy and we are running 3.5.  Cron should run automatically as this is not a dev site and dataprivacy tasks don't seem to show up in the Scheduled tasks section of Site administration > Server to run anything in conjunction to the data request area.

I'm lost as to why its not working.  Everything else seems to be, just not this part.

Jayden

by David Broomfield -

Is someone putting in a data request or inquiry meant to send an email or notification to the site's Data Protection Officer?

I haven't received anything following a couple of tests.

by David Broomfield -

At the moment only site admins are receiving:

• Data deletion requests
  • Export data requests

I have created the Data Protection Officer role as per guidance and they aren't receiving any notifications.

No one is receiving anything if a user clicks on the "Contact Data Protection Officer" to create a general enquiry.

Any ideas anyone?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you enabled, Contact Data Protection Officer? I don't currently have a 3.3.5 running, but it should be at Site administration > Users > Privacy and policies > Privacy settings.

In reply to AL Rachels

by David Broomfield -

Yep that box is ticked.  What happens at the moment is:

1. User clicks on the user menu
  2. Clicks on Profile
  3. Clicks on Contact Data Protection Officer
  4. The message box opens up
  5. User fills in the message
  6. Clicks on send
  7. The message box closes

And then nothing.  No one gets the message.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Since you say you have followed the directions for setting up the DPO and I presume you have the Data Privacy plugin installed to be able to do that, then my best guess is that your cron may not be set up to run every minute.

I have mostly played with this on Moodle 3.5 and 3.4, but just now set it up on my Moodle 3.3.6+ server, and it works as expected, exactly the same as on 3.5 and 3.4.

Logged in as a student in Chrome and as DPO in Firefox. Student put in the request. After the next cron run, the DPO gets a notification notice at the top right, a white one on a red background. Clicking on it gives a link to, View full notification. The DPO approves the request, and after next cron, status changes to Processing. After the processing is finished and next cron, the student gets a notification and on their Actions drop down they are able to select download. This gives them a zip files of their data.

In reply to AL Rachels

by David Broomfield -

Our supplier has just re-mapped the role that I created for the Data Protection Officer in:

Site administration > Privacy and Policies > Privacy settings > Data Protection Officer role mapping

That appears to have fixed the delete and export emails so that they now go to the right person and only the people in that Data Protection Role.

We are still having trouble with no email notifications of messages being sent or received using the "Contact Data Protection Officer" link in the profile screen.

by AL Rachels -

While working on a new release for Hot Question and checking it out on Moodle 3.4.3+, I came across another reason that can "break" things so that the Data requests page, Actions menu, only shows, View the request. I finally wound up opening a terminal window, going to the folder ...mymoodle/admin/cli and then executed: php cron.php.

Even though I have debugging set to developer mode, I had no idea that I had been getting a cron fatal error for another plugin. Once I fixed that plugin with the latest version, cron started working and the DPO officer was able to start approving data requests, and the requests were being processed and completed.

In reply to AL Rachels

by David Broomfield -

It turns out that the issue was our work email was blocking the address of the mail server that sent out the email once you completed the "Contact data protection officer" link.

We've had it unblocked and now the emails are coming through.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with this.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Casero Patrizia -

Me too I have  a problem as DPO, once I approved the data download request by a user, The request result  approved, but not completed ( processed). I don't know it it is an automatic process or if I have to do something as DPO. Can you help me?

I use moodle 3.5

Thank you

Patrizia

In reply to Casero Patrizia

by Casero Patrizia -

Sorry, but now it's working. The request result completed and the student received the message. The problem is cron, via  web  ( deprecated)  it works well; it seems that cronjob in web panel doesn.t work properly.

Any suggestion for the cron? I know that it is possible to launch cron via cli command but i don't Know how to do.

Patrizia