Error number (?) On top left corner

Error number (?) On top left corner

by T K -
Number of replies: 4

I have just migrated my moodle (2.5) site to centos 7.4 and trying to bring it up.

It is running on mysql 5.5 and php 5.6.

There seems to be a number on the top left corner of the site every time I select site administration option, any idea what is this? An error number?

top left

Average of ratings: -
In reply to T K

Re: Error number (?) On top left corner

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You're posting a lot of separate problems but I suspect they are all related. 

You're not showing us enough of that screen to make an informed decision.

Why are you using such an old version of Moodle? Am I right in thinking that it has a lot of local customisations?

In reply to Howard Miller

by T K -

Yes, you are probably right they are connected.

1) THis moodle version is 2.5 from our client's legacy, after we are done with this migration we will be upgrading it. Now I wonder if php 5.6 is the one giving problem for the moodle 2.5

2) I tried increasing memory limit &  timeout on php yesterday, and I thought it helped the error 500, however this time, i can click around longer before it comes up again!

In reply to T K

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I don't remember for certain but I'd be surprised if Moodle 2.5 didn't work (more or less) ok on PHP 5.6. 

You HAVE to find those logs for the 500 error. Without the underlying problem being found you'll never fix it. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle 25 does work with PHP 5.6. Just checked my archived Moodle 2.5 is running on PHP 5.6.34-1.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)