I'm a long time Moodle user and just thinking about setting up Moodle as a more collaborative and communicative environment for companies. I would like to share ideas and concepts here.
Coporates think a lot about 'new work' concepts. That means often that employees share insights, questions, ideas and experiences in an open environment. How can we use Moodle as such a platform?
Here are some of my ideas:
- Interests. People add interests in their personal profiles. Interests are linked that we get a list of people with same interests. So we can contact them. May be we should enable sneding multiple messages as authenticated user.
- Blogs and tags. Personal blogs can be published site wide. We can add a tag cloud block on dashboard page. Users can comment on blog entries
- Community course with one activity format and a forum in blog format as singel activity. The forum should use tags and a tag cloud also.
- Experience glossary
- Wiki ???
What do you think are other options?
- How can we build something similar like a timeline with requests and posts. RSS feeds are not the best option.
- How can we put the individual blogs more in foreground?
- How can user build individual groups within Moodle easily?