Pearson TCC Thin Common Storage and Moodle integration

Re: Pearson TCC Thin Common Storage and Moodle integration

by Jamie Tinley -
Number of replies: 2

Thanks for clearing that up Steve. I should have reviewed my posts before launching into research testing 25 other LMS's in my search to find a way to import it at one LMS and export it to Moodle.   I found that Sakai was the only one that would produce an export file that would import into Moodle.  Canvas and blackboards free version coursesites imported with all LTI's but their exports both failed to import into Moodle 

Then I tried a paid vendor site called Scholar only to find out it was just an updated Moodle site with 3.4 and it imported everything great but none of the LTI's are signed so I have to add all 3200 of them.

I also noticed that I CAN go into adminer in mysql and find each LTI and add the secret and key there. I just don't know how to do a mass mysql insertion into my database but that's my current idea I'm working on.  Plus now I need to go back to my problem of upgrading my Moodle on centos topic I put off to solve this topic.

I would love to hear more about your solution ADFS  (SAML) server.  Would they still start at moodle and would grades still be pulled BACK to moodle?  That's what I'm mainly after is to start and end at our Moodle site.  quickly reading here I see ADFS relies on active directory which this school does not have.  Thanks Steve

Jamie

In reply to Jamie Tinley

by Jamie Tinley -

For anyone else passing this way I ended up importing it into Scholar (moodle 3.4) and then exporting it to MBZ format and importing it back into my moodle.  To fix the LTI's and get them signed I used this cool code from a John at Saylor Academy (thanks John!) - go into adminer and paste this command where xxx and yyy are your particular password and key  and c is your course number as shown in your database

UPDATE mdl_lti set password = 'xxxxxxxx', resourcekey = 'yyyyy' WHERE course = c;

you can also export the entire table to add in your toolurl and then import it back in. 

LTI example

Attachment z mdl_lti.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jamie Tinley

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Congrats!  Maybe others will become interested in what Pearson Realize has to offer now that they know ... with a work-around content can be used via LTI! ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken