How to Enable self-registration as a Teacher and student Moodle?

How to Enable self-registration as a Teacher and student Moodle?

by Mr Simo -
Number of replies: 9

Hello

1- how can i allow new users to chose the account type : (Teacher or Student), but must be validated from admin or manager. 

how can i do that ?  i don't want to make that change for every one in admin area  

2- is there any video conference and whiteboard that can work with moodle mobile client?  

3- how to allow teacher create courses from mobile app ? 

4- i have enabled recapcha but i got error see images attached (i have create api v2 in google console)

thank you very much

Attachment moodle.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mr Simo

Re: reCAPTCHA v1 error message

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Re. 4 reCAPTCHA will be updated to v2 in Moodle 3.4.2 and other releases coming next Monday 19 March 2018 (MDL-48501).

Please note that it's best to ask only one question in a forum post. Re. 2. I suggest you ask it in the Web conferencing plugins forum.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: reCAPTCHA v1 error message

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Helen, your response also answers my question.  I just installed the keys/passphrase for reCAPTCHA V2, and didn't see anything happen.  I explored this a little bit and saw that it was being worked on (in Tracker.)  I was wondering how close we were.  Can't wait!

In reply to Mr Simo

Re: How to Enable self-registration as a Teacher and student Moodle?

by Ta Mo -

interested in question 1

In reply to Ta Mo

by Rick Jerz -

Site admin, Plugins, Enrollments, Manual Enrollments, Default Role (default is student).

I doubt that you would want students to pick the "Manager" or "Teacher" role, would you?  If you do allow teachers to self-enroll, I think that the administrator would still be wise to manually change this role to "Teacher" from "Student."  

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mr Simo -

what i want is when the user (Student or teacher) signup he chose his role (see attached image) but the admin site must validate 

Attachment account type.png
In reply to Mr Simo

by Rick Jerz -

To try to address your question, it would be helpful to know how many students and teachers might you have in your Moodle? 10, 100, 1000, 10000, 100000?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Mr Simo -

it will be about 60000 or  more

In reply to Mr Simo

by Rick Jerz -

I am not sure what the best solution is for 60,000 students.  It seems to me that if 60,000 students were going to self-register, that you would want the default role to be "student" and that you would not want to verify each student account and set their role.  This might take you 1000 hours just to verify them.

I never deal with this many, so I am not the best person to help you.  However, you might be able to upload a list of your teachers, setting their role as "teacher," and then let the students default to "student."