IdP initiated SSO

IdP initiated SSO

by callum Wood -
Number of replies: 8

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone can offer any advice with IdP initiated SSO. Does anyone have any working examples or guides they would be willing to share. All the plugins I can find are SP initiated. 

Thanks 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to callum Wood

Re: IdP initiated SSO

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What exactly are you trying to do? I'm unclear what this has to do with Moodle? Which plugins?

IdP = Identify Provider I assume...

In reply to Howard Miller

by callum Wood -

Hi Howard thanks for the quick response.

You are correct with your assumption idp is the identity provider

I am trying to get Moodle working with single sign on (SSO).

I'm wondering if anyone has had any success with this, I've previously been able to achieve SP(service provider) initiated SSO but I'm unable to find a plug-in that supports idp initiated SSO.

Thanks

In reply to callum Wood

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I really meant SSO to what?

by callum Wood -

SSO on to Moodle.

In reply to callum Wood

by Howard Miller -

Ok... I give up...

by callum Wood -

As always, thanks for your input.

In reply to callum Wood

by Howard Miller -

I actually was fishing for a bit of background as to what you were trying to do. The bigger picture. In case we could be helpful.