If possible to use official Moodle mobile app + private airnotifier server to push notification?

If possible to use official Moodle mobile app + private airnotifier server to push notification?

by Harold Yung -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I am working on the setup of push notification for Moodle in our university. However, I encounter some problems. Our campus network has already set for connecting GCM and APN servers (able to telnet GCM or APN from our server) but it still fail to push notifications.

I would like to know if anyone was succeed to setup private airnotifier server with using official Moodle mobile app? My situation is we don't want to customize the Moodle mobile app and publish to Google Play store / Apple App Store (due to some concerns on policy). If it is possible for me to use default app ID "com.moodle.moodlemobile" to generate Key from Android Console or Certificate from iOS APN by our own developer accounts and use them in our private airnotifier server?

Thanks!

Harold

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harold Yung

Re: If possible to use official Moodle mobile app + private airnotifier server to push notification?

by Sergio Comerón -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you will not be able to, because you would have to put the GCM code in the code of the application and put your apple certificates in the official moodle airnotifier.

If you want to use your own notification server you should build your own customized application.