Using iframes in a Lesson

Using iframes in a Lesson

by Sandy Stockholm -
Number of replies: 2

I'd like to use an iframe to display an html5 presentation created in iSpring 8.0. We are using Moodle 3.2, adaptable theme. Publishing as HTML5 creates a folder of files, setting the main file to the index makes the presentation display fine on a file resource activity in Moodle. However, I'd like to have students view it in a Lesson so that we can time their involvement for completion. I tried using the file activity URL however, I get the entire website page. Would it work to find the index page in the repository and link to that URL? Other ideas? I've seen mention of adding a block to the page, but I am unclear which block.

There are services available to host the files elsewhere, which generates an embed code --- but I thought there might be a way to do it within Moodle itself.

Right now Scorm is not an option for us as it produces error messages for some users that the internet connection is lost.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandy Stockholm

Re: Using iframes in a Lesson

by Jon Fila -

You could create a file resource, upload the zipped package, unzip and then set the index.html file as the main file by clicking on it. Make the file resource in Moodle Hidden but available and create your own iframe just linking to that file.

You can also accomplish this using Legacy course files (they have to be enabled at admin and then course level). Then you can just link directly to the file.

In reply to Sandy Stockholm

Re: Using iframes in a Lesson

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know very little about External Tools and IMS content packages (mostly that they exist)...but could either of these help?