Cohort Sync not working

Cohort Sync not working

by Roxy Elkins -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

I have two cohort syncs set up. One for Leads and one for Supervisors. The Lead Cohort sync is not working correctly. Meaning it is not syncing the enrollment for those students added to that Cohort. I have checked the Lead Cohort settings against the Supervisors one and they match exactly. The Supervisors Cohort is working correctly.

For the life of me I cannot figure out what is wrong with it. I have also checked the courses to ensure that the cohort sync option is selected and it is. 

I do have self-enrollment for all courses relating to Lead and Supervisor levels hidden.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roxy Elkins

Re: Cohort Sync not working

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you set up a cohort sync for each cohort?  So there should be two separate cohort enrollment options in the course...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Roxy Elkins -

Each course that is supposed to be enrolled in the Lead Cohort for those students does have the Lead enrollment option connected to it. 

I included a picture to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to Roxy Elkins

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well it says right there there are 68 students enrolled there...where are you not seeing them?  Or are the students not seeing the course?  Is the course hidden?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Roxy Elkins -

The course is not hidden. When they go to it they see the following error.

Where as in the Supervisor cohort sync it will take them directly to the material. That's why I'm stumped. It's saying they are enrolled and the settings are matching but it's not letting them in.

Attachment 1.png
In reply to Roxy Elkins

by Roxy Elkins -

An update on this.:

So this ended up being a rather simple fix. I went in at the mention of a colleague and looked at what it said for the individual student as their enrollment, and for some reason they were not enrolled in that course. When I went to the cohort list they were not listed in the correct cohort. After making sure they were added the courses started loading correctly.

I'm not sure what caused this but this is at least how I fixed it.