Moodle kicks me out after one click - session has timed out

Moodle kicks me out after one click - session has timed out

by Nikos Mattheos -
Number of replies: 1

Dear all, 

I am running Moodle since some years for my teaching website. Since some time, I have a problem to stay logged in. The log in is successful but as soon as I click on any link while logged in, I get kicked out back to the log in page with a message that my session has timed out. 

I have spoken with my host (siteground)  who initially mentioned that it might be because of the dynamic IP address, but I have tried with two different providers and it looks like I get  this even when my IP adress is static and not changing. Sometimes this does not happen and I can work on the site for a while, but it kicks me out most of the time. 

I have the moodlesession cookie activated. 

Any suggestions?

many thanks

Nikos

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikos Mattheos

Re: Moodle kicks me out after one click - session has timed out

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Have you run out of disk space/quota?

If it worked before and doesn't work now, what has changed? Is there anything of note in the web server error log?

Is it just you or everyone using the Moodle site? If it's just you, have you tried from a different location / computer / browser?