Auto (Cascading) Open & Close Quiz Times with Restoring or Resetting a Course

Auto (Cascading) Open & Close Quiz Times with Restoring or Resetting a Course

by Russ H -
Number of replies: 1
(FOR: Moodle 3.4+ (Build: 20171214))

Hello,

We have a series of courses for a particular instructor that has a course with upwards of 100 quizzes. The issue is that every time they restore the course they would have to manually set the open and close time for each of these. Because of this, they avoid using the setting altogether and simply manually set the activity to hide, which means that the students can't review their work. While, I understand that many may think the instructor should 'just do it' anyways, they won't. They have been using Moodle since 1.5 and are frustrated by this issue.

I've dug through what I could find in the documentation and could not find a way to auto cascade the open close.  What would be great is to be able to set the start time for the course and then have all of the dates of the quizzes move the same number of days. For example, a course originally set to start Jan 1st is restored and changed to Jan 3rd, then all quizzes would be opened and closed 2 days later than the old setting. I hope this makes sense.

Any suggestions, ideas for addressing this problem, or for a more efficient way of setting dates for a ton of quizzes would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russ H

Re: Auto (Cascading) Open & Close Quiz Times with Restoring or Resetting a Course

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I would suspect that this is an issue not really considered as it wasn't envisioned that someone would have 100 quizzes in a single course. Perhaps a redesign of the course material and the assessment methodologies used might be helpful - but given I don't have any information about or knowledge of why the course was set up this way, I am being somewhat presumptuous, my apologies.thoughtful